PIATT COUNTY SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT FOUNDATION OFFERS SCHOLARSHIP
The Piatt County SWCD Foundation will be offering a scholarship this year. Administrative Coordinator Angela Daily states “The Foundation is excited to introduce this $1,000.00 scholarship for the first time! We have decided this is a good way to give back to our supporters and communities”. The Hugh Hammond Bennett Scholarship will target individuals interested in furthering their education in any Ag or Natural Resources related field.
Applications are available at the Piatt County SWCD Office located at 1209 Bear Lane in Monticello, or on our website www.piattcountyswcd.com
To be eligible, individuals will be required to meet three of the following criteria:
1. Currently enrolled in a school district that serves Piatt County.
2. A prior graduate of a school district that serves Piatt County.
3. Accepted to any post-secondary school and pursuing an agricultural or natural resource
related degree or certification.
4. Currently enrolled in any post-secondary school and pursuing an agricultural or natural
resource related degree or certification.
5. Have resided in Piatt County at some point in the last 5 years.
Applications must be emailed or postmarked by APRIL 30, 2019 to either of the following:
Mailing address: Piatt County SWCD
1209 Bear Lane
Monticello, Il 61856
Angela also mentioned, “Any questions pertaining to the scholarship should be directed to our office,
the phone number is 217-762-2146 x 3. Again, applications received on or before April 30, 2019 will be reviewed and one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded with the individual being contacted by June 10, 2019. Thanks and good luck.”