Local News

An Illinois state agency is offering more than $460,000 in grants to law enforcement agencies that need new vehicles.

The Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority is requesting proposals from law enforcement agencies.

The authority says the money is available to agencies that demonstrate "both financial and vehicle needs."

A minimum of 75% of the money will be given to governments with populations less than 25,000 people. The remaining 25% will go to municipalities with larger populations.

A maximum of $20,000 will be awarded to each agency. Grant funds can't be used for more than 75% of the total cost of the vehicle. The remaining 25% must be paid for with a match from non-federal sources.

Local Weather - Sponsored By:
Townhall Top of the Hour News


SRN News