Local News

The Department of Natural Resources has had to handle numerous park break ins recently.

According to Ray Wichus, Department of Natural Resources conservation officer, people need to be on the look out for suspicious behavior in parks. He adds that you should notify the department or police as soon as you notice something.

[audio:61812BreakIns1.mp3] [/audio]

Wichus says its often that the call adds up to be nothing, but says its better to call just in case, adding that its better to be over prepared then letting something happen. Recent break ins have caused a lot of damage.  

[audio:61812BreakIns2.mp3] [/audio]

Wichus adds that people can help investigators by taking down identification like license plate number or personal description.

To report a suspicious act, call your district's Department of Natural Resources or local police station. For DeWitt County, the district number is 217-935-6860.

Local Weather