Local News
Despite scary scenes during the Columbus Day Weekend, no injuries were reported during calls responded to by the Clinton Fire Department.
 
Starting Saturday evening at approximately 6:30 pm, crews responded to smells of smoke at 412 South Jackson. 
 
Upon arrival, responders found no smoke nor smells of smoke but it was discovered the home was filled with carbon monoxide at deadly levels. 
 
Crews treated the occupants of the home with oxygen, Ameren shut off gas as the house was ventilated. It was discovered it was an appliance issue.
 
While it is fire safety week in Illinois, crews are taking time to remind residents carbon monoxide an odorless gas that can cause severe confusion, which is what the occupants were suffering from. 
 
Clinton fire crews also responded to two combine fires Monday. The first was at approximately 1:15 pm at the corner of Ospur and Central Roads. 
 
Crews quickly extinguished what was a small fire.
 
Clinton Fire was on scene for roughly an hour and a half and no injuries were reported. 
 
Then around 7:15 pm Monday night, another combine fire was reported Airport Road in southern DeWitt County.
 
Due to the uncertainty of the location of the combine, Maroa and Clinton Fire Departments were on scene for what was described as another small fire.
 
Crews remained on scene for about an hour and no injuries were reported. 

Local Weather