Two young children are dead after a Christian County house fire.
The children died Sunday morning in Pana. Christian County Coroner Amy Winans has determined 3-month-old Keith Emerson and 2-year-old Ellaina Emerson died of carbon monoxide intoxication.
Firefighters weren't able to immediately enter the residence (in the 800 block of Second Street) because of intense heat and smoke.
The children's parents were transported to Springfield's Memorial Medical Center with non life threatening injuries.
Fire investigators believe the fire was likely electrical in nature but have not confirmed a cause.