Local News

United Way has a couple of one-stop-shop resources for people seeking financial assistance due to the coronavirus.


Ryan Huffer with the United Way of Decatur and Mid-Illinois indicates people can call 211 for help with food, rent, and utility assistance, or counseling and will be referred to the nearest agency.



United Way's website offers a list of resources that is updated daily. Huffer says they are in communication with social services and agencies to direct people to where they can receive help.



Huffer reminds other social services in DeWitt County are also preparing to see an influx of patrons. All of the services are available confidentially.



For more information visit uwdecatur.org or call (217) 422-8537.

Local Weather - Sponsored By: